Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Take Me Home: April 7, 2009

Since starting this blog and volunteering at the OSPCA, I've noticed that black cats are often the last ones to be adopted. Is it because of the myths surrounding black cats? Do some people believe the fur will be more noticeable on their furniture and carpets? I don't know, but my own cat, Meeko, is black, and all I can say is that there are no problems with the fur, and I've always had incredibly good luck. So please, consider taking home one of the many black cats available at both the York Region and Cambridge shelters. And speaking of black cats, I've included a couple today (click on the photos to enlarge):






One year old Nora is so sweet and loves to have her belly rubbed. She gets along well with other cats, but would be just as happy to have you all to herself. ADOPTED






Smokie is about three years old and very affectionate. He's a big boy with thick fur, so will have to be brushed often -- in fact, I plan on going to the shelter tomorrow to do just that (I know he'll love it). ADOPTED





Black and white Kudos is just ten months old. He came to the shelter as a stray, loves to play, and as you can see, gets along well with other cats. ADOPTED

Heart is a loving, eleven-month-old female tabby who has been at the shelter for too long. It's time for her to settle into her own home. ADOPTED






Three-year-old Pie is a Holland Lop rabbit who would like to be adopted with her brother Bear (not pictured). ADOPTED






The centre (Mohill) is located at 16586 Woodbine Avenue, just south of Mulock/Vivian Sideroad. Their adoption hours are:

Monday to Wednesday & Saturday:
12 - 6 p.m.
Thursday & Friday: 12 - 7 p.m.
Sunday: 12 - 5 p.m.

For more information on these and the many other pets available, go to the OSPCA York Region Website.

2 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

Ahhhhh you KNOW how much I love black cats! They are pure good luck. They're beautiful and elegant and totally cool.

HOld me back... I absolutely cannot get another one, not yet. Although that black and white cat looks like a real dude I could get along with...

Lynn Sinclair said...

I'll hold you back for now, Heidi, but you just know I'm going to take you up to the shelter with me one day. You know, just to introduce you to a few friends.